Last updated on February 11th, 2018
Now that’re feeling pretty good about some general guidelines for walking around Portland, let me suggest some favorite walks and resources.
Walks (with a food spin):
- Eastbank Esplanade loop to Portland Waterfront with a break at Water Ave. Coffee and/or Bunk Sandwiches and/or Boke Bowl
- Mt. Tabor roam about and then end up at Steve’s Cheese Bar
- NE Broadway up onto the Alameda ridge and then back down to Foster & Dobbs for a sandwich. Update: closed
- Wild in the City by Mike Houck: a great book about all sort of walks around Portland
- The Portland Stairs Book by Laura O. Foster: urban stair walks! She’s written other books as well about walking around Portland that are great fun, including Hill Walks and City Walks.
- Oregon Walks: protecting your right to roam!