Last updated on November 12th, 2018
The seven things I try to do every spring in soggy Portland
- Go to the Portland Chinese Garden in the rain. The Lan Su Garden’s roof tiles create amazing water patterns in the rain, and the pond looks gorgeous as well. Go.
- Buy a pass for the Bridgetown Comedy Festival (March-ish). Update: there may not be a 2018 Festival. Gahhh!
- Admire the crocuses.
- Go outside without a jacket. Live dangerously. It’s a balmy 55 degrees!
- Spring skiing. Pretty fun stuff, and the crowds start dropping significantly in April.
- Find a sunny day to sit on your front steps sipping a drink. It will happen. The ground might be too damp for a picnic, but your stoop will do nicely. Say hi to everyone who walks buy.
- Plant some stuff. Peas. Grass seed. Whatever you want. Some of it probably will come up!